Google analytics for marketing
Using Google Analytics (GA) can be overwhelming. There is so much information available to you and myriad ways of segmenting and interpreting it. It’s therefore vital that you not only have a thorough understanding of the terminology but also a clear correlation between the analytics and your own website’s content and structure.
This course takes the principles and structure of Google’s own analytics lessons and applies them within a hands on classroom setting. We focus first on your website and its usability in order to establish potential red flags when it comes to measuring success with GA. We then apply this filter when looking through your analytics to assess what the data means for your business. You will leave the course with a thorough understanding of exactly where to find and how to set up the reports which are most useful for your business.
Upon completion of this course you will have total confidence using the Google Analytics dashboard. You will understand where you need to use tracking links to ensure accurate reporting and how to set up GA Goals as well as custom reports and dashboards.
Bedding down your Google Analytics strategy
- The Cube Method© and how to clarify your goals and outcomes
- Understanding your organisation’s needs in terms of online processes
- Evaluating your current position and where you want to get to
Google Analytics Dashboard
- How should your GA be set up? Making sure you have the correct account and view settings in place for your business
- Understanding what each of the standard reporting tabs has to offer
- How are these numbers generated? Why is that important?
- Highlighting the most important data for your business
Customisation in Google Analytics
- Setting up correct event tracking to ensure accurate reporting
- Creating custom reports from scratch with your key data points
- Customising your dashboard to streamline your GA experience
- Automating reports according to the data that’s most important to your objectives