5 Quick Tips for Writing Better Copy| Simon Begg
By following these five tips, you will be well on your way to creating copy that is engaging, effective, and error-free.
- Proofread: After you’ve finished writing, take the time to proofread your copy to ensure accuracy and avoid typos.
- Add Visuals: Visuals such as photos or diagrams are a great way to break up text and make your copy more appealing and will make it easier for readers to take in the information.
- Use Active Voice: Passive voice can be dull and unengaging. Using an active voice when writing will make your copy more direct and engaging and will help draw readers in.
- Keep It Simple: Clarity is key when it comes to copywriting. Choose words that are easy to understand and write sentences that are clear and concise.
- Research Your Audience: Before you write a single word, you should make sure to understand who your target audience is and what they need from your copy. This will help you create content that is tailored to their needs and interests, making it more likely to be read.
Writing in an active voice can increase reader engagement by up to 20%, according to research from the University of Texas.